classes taijiquan self defence qigong tai chi for health about us reviews a-z
We are a tai chi school. There is a syllabus, lessons, teachers. Learning is our focus. Tai chi cannot be taught in a haphazard way - a proven syllabus is essential.
Who are we?
Kung fu instructor: Sifu Waller
Qigong and tai chi teacher: Rachel Waller
Assistant teacher: Chris Young, Dr Ben Beattie and Karen Laws
Helper: Marc Boivin and Julia Pattison
Volunteer coordinator: Chris Young
Social secretary: Maria Valassia Peppa
Patrons: Mr Andrew Yeo & Mr Henry Kajan Anyie
Classical tai chi
Students explore the human body, physics, biomechanics, pragmatic martial skills and Taoist wisdom. The in-depth syllabus is comprehensive and thorough. You can study it at your own pace.
Modern teaching methods combine with traditional training approaches to provide a stimulating environment.
What we offer:
• Unparallel opportunity to study taijiquan the martial art, chin na, shuai jiao, jing, neigong, qigong, tai chi for health and tai chi for fitness
• Fully-differentiated syllabus designed by a professionally qualified teacher
• In-depth investigation of Yang style taijiquan, the secrets teachings and the philosophical background
• Authentic skills
• Up to 6 teaching assistants in every class
• Our instructors are registered with The Tai Chi Union for Great Britain
• High quality tuition
• Comprehensive martial application of taijiquan
• Extensive range of skills available
• New material every week
• Good value for money
• Gain an advanced level of understanding
• Follow the teachings of The Tai Chi Classics and The Taoist Classics
A good place to be
The main appeal of our school is the total break from everyday life. We offer vibrant, active classes; free from cliques and politics.
There is a pleasant, relaxed atmosphere of camaraderie and good humour. Enjoy an evening without pressure, the need to play a role or keep up appearances.
Who does tai chi?
Our students come from a diverse range of backgrounds. Tai chi appeals to all sorts of people.
Who has hired us?
contact details Sifu Waller rachel waller assistants
Page created 2 March 1995
Last updated 20 December 2020