classes taijiquan kung fu self defence qigong health about us reviews a-z
A taijiquan school
We are a taijiquan school. There is a syllabus, lessons, teachers. Learning is our focus. Taijiquan cannot be taught in a haphazard way - a proven syllabus is essential.
Our students explore an advanced version of Yang style taijiquan.
Who are we?
Qigong and tai chi teacher: Rachel Waller
Kung fu instructor: Sifu Waller
Teaching assistants: Chris Young, Peter Hobson and Julia Pattison
Volunteer coordinator: Chris Young
Social secretary: Maria Valassia Peppa
Fit to teach
Rachel and Sifu Waller are advanced-level instructors with The Tai Chi Union for Great Britain. Sifu Waller is a professionally qualified teacher (Postgraduate Certificate in Education).
Rachel has a background in taekwondo, chin na, taijiquan and baguazhang. She is in charge of tai chi for self defence and women's self defence.
Sifu Waller is an experienced kung fu instructor. He has a background in ju jitsu, karate and wing chun, and offers a very pragmatic kung fu syllabus that incorporates baguazhang, chin na, shuai jiao and taijiquan. His sessions are stimulating, fun and non-macho.
I think Sifu Waller knows
more about functional biomechanics than all the orthopaedic surgeons I have
met put together.
(Dr David Cousins)
Students explore the human body, physics, biomechanics, pragmatic martial skills and Taoist wisdom. The in-depth syllabus is comprehensive and thorough. You can study it at your own pace.
Modern teaching methods combine with traditional training approaches to provide a stimulating environment.
What we offer:
• Unparallel opportunity to study taijiquan the martial art, chin na, shuai jiao, jing, neigong, qigong, tai chi for health and tai chi for fitness
• Fully-differentiated syllabus designed by a professionally qualified teacher
• In-depth investigation of Yang style taijiquan, the secrets teachings and the philosophical background
• Authentic skills
• Up to 4 teaching assistants in every class
• High quality tuition
• Comprehensive martial application of taijiquan
• Extensive range of skills available
• New material every week
• Good value for money
• Gain an advanced level of understanding
• Follow the teachings of The Taijiquan Classics and The Taoist Classics
A good place to be
The main appeal of our school is the total break from everyday life. We offer vibrant, active classes; free from cliques and politics.
There is a pleasant, relaxed atmosphere of camaraderie and good humour. Enjoy an evening without pressure, the need to play a role or keep up appearances.
Who does taijiquan?
Our students come from a diverse range of backgrounds and ages. Taijiquan appeals to all sorts of people.
Who has hired us?
contact details rachel waller Sifu Waller assistants
Page created 2 March 1995
Last updated 29 September 2021